Wednesday, April 27, 2022

A Bit Ptoo Much Ptolus for your Ptaste? Well Ptough!

Forgive me or not, but I am focused quite heavily on my current campaign set in Monte Cook's Ptolus: City By The Spire. Obsessed you might say. I am taking the opportunity to include on the blog plenty of ideas for other Ptolus DMs as repayment and paying it forward for the many cool ideas they have made available for others like myself to use. 

Fear not, there will be other non-Ptolus posts appearing here as well. 

There will be some posts coming up about miniatures, reviews of books that can be useful for your game, old school spells, magic items both old school and for 5e, monsters both old school and new, journals from other campaigns, props and terrain pieces, and sometimes some non-d&d related subjects.

I considered putting a to-do list up showing planned posts, but things change far too frequently for that to remain on target. There are however a growing stack of gaming books on my desk that need reading and those will certainly get a mention when completed.

So there we have it. There will be plenty of variety to look forward to. 

This post is not a Ptroll.

2 comments:

Ryder Goldendoodle said...

Looking forward to your posts as i plan on running Ptolus in about a month.
Currently I'm trying to figure out movement across the city of the shadow cast from the spire. When a portion of the city is under the shadow then bad luck ensues.
Shadows move about 15 degrees per hour, so i dont know, maybe i'll make it 10 rounds or so.

OSRbaron said...

Thanks for your comment. I think you'll like some of what I have coming up. I'm currently working my way through old issues of Dungeon Magazine and making some notes about how to add adventures into Ptolus. There's an online archive of the magazine so it'll be easy to follow along.