Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Growing the Pile of Shame

 The Return to Dark Tower Kickstarter campaign was a couple of years ago. I couldn't justify backing the campaign at the full cost which would have netted me the game and all the goodies, but I did see a very good deal to be had. I backed for the Dark Horde miniatures collection.

Those minis recently arrived and I am pleased with how they look. They were originally thinking of producing them in an off-white color and giving them a wash to bring out details. Somewhere along the line a decision was made to go with a very dark plastic. While it is hard for my eyes to make out details without using the x8 magnifier and light that I have, there is always my white primer and light grey paint to solve that problem. These will look pretty good painted if my shaking doesn't ruin it all.

Here are some pics to give some idea of what they look like and just how dark they appear.








No comments: