Monday, April 22, 2013

DnD Next

I think it might be time to start checking out the play test packets again. When the next one comes out soon it will likely contain some big changes from the way the last few have been presented.

On the agenda may be changes to skills, backgrounds, etc. Quite a number of changes in all.

Having skipped reading the last few packets I am only aware of things I've read on various rpg discussion forums, some of which sounded truly bizarre. If there's anything I know from reading gaming forums it is that you really need to investigate for yourself.

One thing I heard would still be in the upcoming play test packet is ability score increases every few levels. This is something I still do not like. It strikes me as if the math is somewhat broken when you need to power up ability scores. It remains to be seen what they have in mind.

No comments: