Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Blog Monetization Update: Big Money, No Whammies! (derp, derp, derp)

The call to have some readers click on advertisements so I could learn a bit about how things work, and make a tiny bit more cash, did exactly that. I learned very little, earned very little, and only a handful of readers contributed. Thank you to those that did lend a click.

Blog earnings lifetime total grew from $8.88 to $11.29 and taught me that some ads are only worth a few cents while some can be well over a dollar. Since beginning monetization 7 years ago, the blog is averaging $1.61 per year. I know, shocking!

If you are reading the blog on a mobile device, and most folks are, then your traffic is valued less per click than someone on an old-fashioned computer. If anything it should be the other way around. 

 Providing the motivation hits, I would like to rebuild my reserve of completed draft posts, and boost output again so I can make another effort to draw ad clicks and see what if anything changes.

So cheers to a strong 2022 on the blog, and here's to the prospects for 2023.



No comments: