Monday, October 10, 2022

Blog Monetization Update (2) - Brother Can You Spare A Click?

Since the last update earlier this year, things have happened. Two people each clicked on an advertisement and the blog earned a whopping .27 cents! Woohoo! Um, yeah.

So at the time of the previous update the blog had earned $8.88 from the start of monetization in 2015. The accumulated earnings are now $9.15. This is still far from the $100 dollars needed for an automatic payout. (I could claim it, but why not wait to see how long it takes.)

What this means is not really anything of significance, however, if everyone that reads a post would click an ad (and then presumably clear their cookies to get the bad taste out of their browser), the blog might make enough money through the rest of this year to allow me to buy TWO cups of big chain coffee.

Of course I would love to bring in enough from the blog to help defray the costs of my Dwarven Forge addiction, but that would likely require courting controversy which I am loath to consider.

So PLEASE everyone, click an add when you read an article and hopefully soon I can get the earnings into the double digit dollar range.






No comments: