Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Prop Dusting - Magnetic Levitation & Rotation Display

Here's a little magnetic magical device I splurged on that will eventually make an appearance on the game table, set up amid some Dwarven Forge terrain.


Once you attune (balance) the puck over the magnetic field, you can place objects on it that will hover and rotate at varied rates depending on where their center of mass sits. I tested this with a Pathfinder Battles Karzoug Statue from the Rise of the Runelords set. It is a towering piece that swung left to right and back in a wide arc looking like it was reaping enemies below with its weapon.

The statue continued to move for the entire time I tested it seeming to widen the arc of its swing slightly over time. I have no idea if it would have come to a stop, but the way it was going I have my doubts.


When I unveil the device, the puck and base will be covered so they do not visually clash with the terrain. I fully expect players to be cautious about the characters passing by the sweeping blade.

No comments: